Monday, June 12, 2006

Back from Yearly Meeting

I got back from my yearly meeting (SAYMA) last night. I am still rather tired physically, but spiritually refreshed. This was Ceal's last year as registrar, which kept us both pretty busy, her much more than me. Having been enmeshed in several blog discussions, and lately worshipping with a more Christocentric group, I was a little curious as to what my reaction would be to the various goings-on at SAYMA. I worried that I might not have patience for things that I think are out of place, or are over-emphasized. As it happened, this was probably my favorite year at SAYMA so far. I have become acquainted with quite a few Friends, and I would estimate that during Meeting for Business, I could name more than half the Friends present. It was so wonderful to see everyone, to greet them, to worship with them and enjoy our time together. Although I am usually an introverted person, I took great delight in saying hello to so many people. Perhaps one day I will be like that all the time.

I feel like there are wisps of ideas running through my head, that I am trying to snag and bring forth here. In the next few days, I hope to be able to write more about SAYMA (and maybe provide a picture or two).

1 comment:

  1. I just e-mailed Sig asking if he has had time to grab the pictures off his camera. As soon as I get it, I'll post it!

    I'm sure you'll enjoy your next venture. I'm sorry we have to miss the Gathering this year, but it does give us an opportunity to visit the NCYM(C) yearly meeting.
    With love,
    Mark

    ReplyDelete