Friday, August 18, 2006

My Utmost For His Highest

At the Gathered Meeting Retreat for Atlanta Friends Meeting this past April, our facilitator was Rubye Braye from Wilmington Friends Mtg (NCYM-C). Rubye recommended a daily devotional book to Ceal called "My Utmost For His Highest" by Oswald Chambers. For several months, I had seen that book in various places of the house, but I didn't pick it up because I was never that happy with daily devotionals.

When we visited the NCYM-C gathering earlier this month, I heard a number of people quoting Oswald Chambers, but didn't make the connection until I saw the book in our room. Since then, I have started reading it daily, and so far I have found it very satisfying, inspiring, challenging, and thought-provoking. Although we have it in book form, I usually read it online.

No comments:

Post a Comment