Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Journal of Joseph Hoag

Cover of The Journal of Joseph Hoag

I have just completed my first experiment with lulu.com's print-on-demand service. Using the LATEX typesetting system, I reformatted and indexed The Journal of Joseph Hoag and made it available as a paperback. The cost is $12.37 before shipping, and that is just the manufacturing cost, I don't make any money off of it. I just thought it would be nice to have the journal back in print. The text comes from the 1861 edition published by Knapp & Peck.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mark: very interesting. Where did you get the original text? Typing or open source somewhere? And the price doesn't seem bad. Maybe we could set up a Quaker classic of the month service?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joseph Hoag was my fifth grandfather. I have a reprint from 1909. I learned about him from my cousin Wilson Hoag.
    I have been a small part of opening Prayer Groups, here, in Humboldt Co.I have not read it all, but I was amazed to read about my grandfather.

    ReplyDelete